Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Rogue - Chocolate and Peanut Butter!

Beauty AND the Beast.
This is the first in a series of posts dedicated to the 4 main callings (root classes) available in Rift. We are going to be describing our day-to-day play experiences with each calling.

Today we are going to be talking about our Bahmi Rogue. She is only level three at the moment but I have already come across a few things that are making me love this race/class combo.


Mobility
Two of my favorite abilities in World of Warcraft are Blink (Mage) and Heroic Leap (Warrior). With a Bahmi Rogue and a Riftstalker soul I get both of them in one character!

Chocolate
Mighty Leap is available as a Bahmi racial ability. It is handy for clasing distance while on foot. It is also great for cloasing the gap to your next enemy. It's a fantastic racial and I'm interested to see if it will be nerf in the future. Hopefully they leave it alone.

Peanut Butter
Shadow Shift is an ability learned by selecting the Rogue's Riftstalker soul. It is great for closing the gap on casters as well as a great way to escape combat when you get in over your head.

The ability to  leap 30 meters ever 15 seconds out of combat and blink 15 yards every 45 in combat is about the  tastiest combination since chocolate and peanut butter.

Mobility spells are a fantastic addition to any Rogues arsenal. I can't wait to see what over tastey treat away me as I add additional souls.

What racial abilities are you in love with? What Souls are you choosing for your Rogue? Let us know in the comments below.