Thursday, February 24, 2011

It All Begins Now

10:00AM can't come soon enough!
We are all waiting with bated breath for the last few hours to tick away before the Rift head start begins at 10AM PST on Feb 24, 2010. For many of us this is the dawning of a fresh new world for us to explore. Rife with possibilities. Ripe with potential.

A new MMO launch is an exciting time. I always feel like a kid at the grand opening of a new amusement park. So many things to do. Do many sights to see. So many rides to ride. It fresh and new and you can still smell the paint drying.


We get excited because we love MMORPGs. We love the idea of new worlds to explore. We love the idea of new classes and spells. We love the idea of finding *just* the right combination of talent points that make us OP.

We love being able to play something that is fresh and new to us. We've been playing our favorite MMOs but even the highest quality MMO will start to wear thin at times. A new infusion of blood into the MMO genre is always a good thing.

I am fairly new to Rift. I myself was only able to play a handful of hours during Open Beta. Those hours though were enough to convince me that further exploration of Rift was definitely in order.

Who's got the key?
Over the next few weeks, months and possibly years I will be bringing you my honest appraisal of my experience with rift, up-to-date rift news as well as information and analysis on the virtual economy of Rift as it grows and develops.

I am an auction house fanatic. One of my favorite activities in MMOs is to earn money. In addition to Writing for Rift Stalker I also write for the Power Word: Gold blog as well as a few others.

My love for MMOs and the MMO genre runs deep and I hope that shows in my writing. As always I look forward to your reader comments.

I look forward to our adventure together as we all take our first steps into Telara. I hope to be able to look back at this post in the future and remember when we were all waiting outside the gates of Rift like a bunch of 10 year olds hopped up on way too much sugar!

See you all at 10:00AM (and bring the big scissors)!

(Note: I am currently building up the Rift Stalker blog roll. If you run a Rift blog and would like to be added please leave a comment with your blog info below or email us at the address listed in the "Contact" section.)